Resiliency Center & Homeless Youth Program
The YCS Resiliency Center is a one-stop shopping experience for the students and families of YCS. Families can schedule an appointment to shop for clothing, shoes, toiletries, and non-perishable food items. For the 2022-23 school year, YCS has added ten laptop computers, a Kids Zone, and a space for adults to, relax, read and prepare for their next destination. If you know a student or family that attends YCS schools and they are in need of any services, please contact Cherise Allen, Ypsilanti Programs Community Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-221-3948. For more information regarding the Resiliency Center, please visit www.ycschools.us.
We currently have an Advisory Board, which consists of two Social Workers, 2 High School representatives, and 1 Community member. We have two volunteers
and 1 Intern.
WILLOW RUN CAMPUS
1960 Holmes Rd
ONE-STOP-SHOP FOR OUR YCS STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
SHOP BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Hours of Operations- 9 am- 4 pm
The Resiliency Center will be posting a monthly donation list of items we are in need of. Please refer to the list and follow the drop-off instructions. PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF ANY ITEMS AT THE CENTRAL OFFICE. Please contact Cherisa Allen, at email@example.com or 734- 221-3948, for any questions.
Link to Resiliency Center Flyer (PDF to download)
Homeless Youth Program Contact
Ypsilanti Community Schools
1885 Packard Road
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Cell: 734- 244-2423, for any questions.
Homeless Youth Program Information
- The Education Project for Homeless Youth 2019 - 2020 Student Referral Form
- Educating Homeless Children and Youth -The Guide To Their Rights
- Help for / School-Age Children & Youth
- Information for Parents
- Información para Padres Sin Hogar (Spanish)
- MDE Dispute Resolution Procedure for Homeless Students & Families
- YCS Enrollment Dispute/Resolution Form
YCS Resiliency Center Monthly Donation Themes
● September “Back to School” Items Accepted: New/Gently used clothing for
Boys and girls, needed items 6-8, 10-12, 14-16 (S- XL) in youth sizes. Ladies sizes, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22. Men sizes 30-42. Boys jogging pants, and hoodies most requested items. Young ladies; jeans, shirts/blouses.
New Items Only - socks, t-shirts, baby wipes, diapers, and undergarments sizes Newborn- 4X
● October “Thanksgiving” Please drop off Non-perishable Food items (for our
pantry), personal hygiene products, and toiletries
● November “Christmas - Let the Shopping Begin!” Items accepted: Gas
Cards, Toys, Board Games, New Coats/Gloves/Winter Boots
● December “Self-Care” Items accepted: Lotions, Soaps (liquid and bar),
Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Floss, Deodorant, Bath Oils, Body Cream, and Baby
Please contact Cherisa Allen, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or to schedule an appointment to drop off items.