This is Mr. Anglin with your weekly update for Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Our attendance goal at Holmes is to have at least 95% of our students attend school everyday.
Once again, at our February Grizzly Gathering we will be recognizing students who have perfect attendance (no tardies) on our half days of January 17th, January 23rd, and January 24th!
We appreciate your support of having your child attend school on our half days!
Happening At Holmes:
Holmes Parent Survey 2019-20
We need your feedback! In our partnership of working together with families to support our students, we would like to know your thoughts on how we are doing with communicating and creating a positive environment for our students success. It will be greatly appreciated if you will take the time to complete the survey linked below.
Your feedback matters in our vision to create Young Confident Scholars!
The survey will close on January 24th. Thank you in advance for your feedback and support! Please call 734-221-2100 if you have any questions.
Holmes Elementary Parent Survey 2019-20
Holmes ELA Family Writing Night - TOMORROW, January 22nd, 5 pm - 7 pm.
Holmes has partnered with 826michigan! Join us for pizza and fun writing activities for families in the Holmes cafeteria. Writing Night Flyer
Winter NWEA testing will continue this week. Please help us by making sure your child can get plenty of rest and that they attend everyday.
- Tuesday, 1/21 - 5th grade
- Wednesday, 1/22 - 4th grade
NWEA Schedule Next Week:
- Monday, 1/27 2nd grade
- Tuesday, 1/29 - 2nd grade
- Wednesday, 1/30 - 3rd grade
Girls On the Run is Back for 2020! Girls On the Run is returning to Holmes Elementary for the Spring 2020 Season. Practice will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30-4:00 pm.
The cost is $20 per girl. General registration is open and will continue through February 20th. Practice begins the week of March 9th and runs through May 20th with our 5K Event on May 17th at Washtenaw Community College. Please contact our Site Leader, Mrs. Lent at (734)-221-2138, with any questions. We look forward to a great season! Girls On The Run Parent Letter
Holmes Spirit Wear - Your 2020 Holmes spirit wear is here! This is a great opportunity for your student to show their Holmes pride and help raise money for Holmes activities. You can purchase your Holmes gear at this link. Holmes Gear Flyer
Grizzly Gathering - We held a Grizzly Gathering this past Friday! Grizzly Gatherings are held after breakfast and are an opportunity to reinforce expectations, grow together, and to recognize and celebrate our students, staff, and school.
This past Grizzly Gathering we recognized all of our students who demonstrated our December skill of the month of Assertiveness. Teachers gave certificates to their students who exemplified this skill the most in December. Keep up the good work students!
Drinks and Snacks at Holmes - A friendly reminder, as we move into the testing season of our school year with NWEA and M-STEP, if your child is bringing a snack to school, we encourage water and a healthy snack (fruits and veggies) when possible. These snacks have less sugar and can help give our students a mental boost throughout the day!
As a reminder, we also provide a free health snack for every student of either fruit or a vegetable on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, as well as, an all you can eat salad and fruit bar at lunch!
Half Day of School - Thursday, January 23rd, 7:30 am - 10:45 am dismissal. Staff will participate in District Professional Development in the afternoon.
Half Day of School - Friday, January 24th, 7:30 am - 10:45 am dismissal. Teacher Records Day in the afternoon.
Healthy School Food Pantry Open on Fridays. Our Food Pantry will be open from 8:30 am - 10:30 am due to the half day on January 24th. The pantry includes dry goods, dairy, meat, produce, and prepared foods at NO COST to Holmes families. Call Mrs. Huget at 734-221-2109 with any questions.
- National African American Parent Involvement Day (NAAPID) - February 10th. Please plan to join us at Holmes on this day! 7:30 am - 2:30 pm.
- Semester 1 Report Cards - Semester 1 Report Cards are scheduled to go home on Wednesday, January 29th. Please sign and return your child’s report card upon receiving it next week.
Updates and Information:
- Contact Information - Communication with our students’ families is very important. Please help us ensure that we have your most updated phone and email contact information. You can contact the main office with any updates as needed at (734-221-2102).
- Alternative Bus Home - If you would like your child to ride an alternative bus home, please contact the main office at 734-221-2102 before 12 pm. We have to notify transportation of this request before students can ride. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- Alternative Transportation Plans - If you are planning to do parent pick-up instead of sending your child home on the bus, please contact the main office (734-221-2101) or your child’s teacher prior to 1:45 pm. This will give us an opportunity to ensure that your change of plans are met. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- If you are experiencing transportation issues please contact our Transportation Department at 734-221-2449, or our main office at 734-221-2101.
Have a great week!