IB World School
Ypsilanti International Elementary School
is an authorized school* for the PYP. This school has achieved authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
Our elementary school division at YIES offers Kindergarten through 5th-grade classes. We offer a proven IB Curriculum for tomorrow's leaders.
At YIES we differentiate instruction so that all students experience success. We create a safe and caring community where students can grow socially and emotionally, and academically. Parents, teachers, students and community members are cooperating partners in this learning environment.
What is an IB PYP School?
The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) is a curriculum framework designed for students 3 to 12 years of age. The IB PYP is a unique programme and curriculum framework that is designed to nurture and develop the whole child as an inquirer; both in the classroom, and in the world outside. IB Primary Years Programme
The Mission of IB is:
• To develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people.
• To create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
• To work with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment.
• To encourage students worldwide to become active, compassionate, and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right. IB Mission Statement