Holmes Elementary News
This is Principal Rose with your weekly Tuesday update.
Students brought home three communications today.
● LEGO Summer Robotics Camp that runs June 24th - 27th
● Save the Date for YCS events
● Flag Football flyer
The Holmes Pool Party at Rutherford Pool is today from 6 - 8 P.M. If we have a rain out, the rain date will be the last day of school, June 11th from 6 - 8 P.M. I will be attending the YCHS graduation, but please enjoy good company and the warm weather and highs in the near 80 degrees.
Holmes Elementary will be hosting the YCS Elementary Summer School program this year. Bright Futures Summer program will also be held at Holmes Elementary. BF has 10 open slots for their Summer program. These slots will be first come, first serve. Please contact us at 734-221-2101 to inquire about availability.
We need your YCS Enrollment Survey to make informed decision about classrooms for the 2019/20 school year. Families, please complete this and return it to your child's school.
Holmes Elementary and Ford ELC are moving back to the Traditional Calendar for the 2019/20 school year.
YCS Save the Dates
6/4- YCHS Graduation 6 P.M. at EMU Convocation Center
7/26- Jazz in the Parking Lot 7 - 9 P.M. @ Shadford Field
8/31- Back to School Bash 12 - 3 P.M. @ Prospect Park
Soccer practice: Thursday 2:30 - 4:30 P.M.
Last MUKD Soccer game for 2019 season: Saturday (6/8) 9:30 - 11:30 A.M.
Parents, please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- 6/4- Holmes Elementary Pool Party at Rutherford Pool (flyer attached)
- 6/4- YCHS graduation @ EMU Convocation Center 6 P.M.
- 6/6- Food Gatherer’s Produce Distribution
- 6/7- Holmes Field Day 12 - 2 P.M.
- 6/7- YCS Grizzly Awards ceremony @ Willow Run Auditorium on Spencer Lane (5:30 P.M. start)
- 6/8- Last MUKD Soccer game 9:30 - 11:30 A.M.
- 6/11- 5th grade promotion ceremony (9 A.M.)
- 6/11- Last Day of School 2018/19 - Half day 11 A.M. dismissal for all students
The calendar for the 2018/19 school year is included. Thanks for your
support of Holmes Elementary and go Grizzlies!
Principal Rose's weekly Tuesday update (5/28/19)