- Provides high-quality early care and education service to children three and four years of age in center-based, full-day/part-day, part-year programs.
- Children who attend a high-quality program in the year or two before kindergarten are better prepared for school academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Preschool has 3 early childhood locations in Ypsilanti: Beatty ELC, Ford ELC, and Perry ELC.
- Preschool provides a comprehensive preschool experience to children, including children with special needs, to creatively challenge and develop their competency skills.
- The center-based preschool program utilizes a curriculum, which includes individualization and emphasizes the use of positive guidance.
- Preschool has an excellent School Readiness and Transition program from Preschool to Kindergarten.
- Nutritious meals, snacks, and transportation provided.
- Preschool offers State of Michigan (GSRP) and federally (Head Start) funded preschool services FREE for families who qualify. Go to Link to Washtenaw Preschool information. to fill out an interest survey.
Beatty ELC Profile
Special Services Offered in Building
- Full and half day state and federally funded preschool programs
- Special Education team to provide support
- Many Parent Volunteer opportunities
- Male Ambassador Group for Dad’s
- Monthly Family Events
- Monthly Parent meetings
- Weekly Coffee Chat for Parents
- Rotary Readers and Books for Badges read to children monthly
- Volunteers from U of M nurses program
- Fluoride Varnish and Mobile Dentist Services provided
- WIC on-site bi-annually
- Bookmobile monthly visits
Class Size Averages
- 16 kids per classroom, 2 adults (16:2)
- Teachers (Full-Time Equivalent): 16
- Support Staff: 9
- Administrators: 1
Beatty Early Learning Center
1661 Leforge Rd.
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Principal: Ginelle Skinner
Ginelle has been the principal at Beatty ELC for 1 year. She has 26 years of experience working in the education field. She brings to YCS many years of experience in teacher training, student guidance, curriculum development and implementation. She resides in Jackson, MI with her youngest of three daughters. Her two oldest daughters are attending Grand Valley State University.