- Provides high-quality early care and education service to children three and four years of age in center-based, full-day programs.
- Children who attend a high-quality program in the year or two before kindergarten are better prepared for school academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Preschool has 3 early childhood locations in Ypsilanti: Beatty ELC, Ford ELC, and Perry ELC.
- Preschool provides a comprehensive preschool experience to children, including children with special needs, to creatively challenge and develop their competency skills.
- The center-based preschool program utilizes a curriculum, which includes individualization and emphasizes the use of positive guidance.
- Preschool has an excellent School Readiness and Transition program from Preschool to Kindergarten.
- Nutritious meals, snacks, and transportation provided.
- Preschool offers State of Michigan (GSRP) and federally (Head Start) funded preschool services FREE for families who qualify. Go to Link to Washtenaw Preschool information. to fill out an interest survey.
Beatty ELC Profile
Special Services Offered in Building:
Full day state and federally funded preschool programs
Special education team available to provide IEP services and to determine eligibility of students referred for special education services
Three full-time Family Support Specialists onsite to help families achieve goals and obtain resources
Part-time Nurse onsite
Many parent volunteer opportunities
Regular family events
Monthly parent meetings
Rotary Readers read to children weekly
Foster Grandparents program
Volunteers from U of M nurses program and Washtenaw Promise mentorship program
Fluoride Varnish and Mobile Dentist Services provided
Onsite Community Behavioral Health Clinic from EMU
Sleep/Pajama Program for students and parents
Class Size Averages
16 children per classroom, 2 adults (16:2)
Instructional Staff (Full-Time Equivalent): 16
7 staff members have a teaching certificate; one additional staff member is currently enrolled in classes to obtain a teaching certificate
2 staff members have a Master’s Degree or higher
5 staff members are current or former Head Start parents
Support Staff: 10
Beatty Early Learning Center
1661 Leforge Rd.
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Principal: Erin Bradley
We are pleased to introduce our new principal at Beatty Early Learning Center, Erin Bradley. Mrs. Bradley holds a Master’s Degree in Special Education from the University of Michigan-Flint with a learning disabilities endorsement; she also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education/Language Arts from Eastern Michigan University, with an endorsement in early childhood education. Mrs. Bradley has been an educator for over 21 years, serving students from birth through college; before joining Ypsilanti Community Schools, she held several positions in the Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Genesee County. Currently, Mrs. Bradley is pursuing certification in school administration and central office administration.