Welcome to Ypsilanti STEMM Middle College
The mission of Ypsilanti STEMM Middle College is to prepare students for success in college, career, and life through mentor relationships and by providing real-world STEM-based experiences.
WCC classes begin August 28th. Contact Mrs. Kreuzer, our NEW Dual Enrollment Coordinator, if you have any questions.
- Blends high school and college, resulting in a high school diploma and 15-60 transferable college credits.
- Typically a 5 year program = 3 high school + 2 college
- Ability to dual enroll at WCC depends on:
- Accuplacer college reading and writing readiness scores
- Soft skills certification
- MEMCA - State Accredited Middle College
- Career Technical Education (CTE) provided within YCS
- Auto Tech
- Auto Body
A Brief History
In 2015 the Michigan Department of Education endorsed the Ypsilanti STEMM Middle College as one of a small number of Middle College High Schools in the State of Michigan.
The Ypsilanti STEMM Middle College is working with the Michigan Early/Middle College Association (MEMCA), the Michigan Department of Education and Washtenaw Community College to significantly increase the high school, collegiate and post-secondary success and completion rate of Ypsilanti youth.
The Ypsilanti STEMM Middle College was granted MEMCA Accreditation on Dec. 1, 2016.
Ypsilanti Community High School Virtual Tour
- Up to 60+ FREE transferable college credits with an associates degree
- FREE transportation to YCS and WCC campuses
- Mentoring and support from teachers and advisors while transitioning from high school to college
- Engineering and Manufacturing experiences
- Participation in YCS athletics and elective courses
- World-class FIRST Robotics Team
- U of M, EMU and WCC Partnerships
- Engineering and Manufacturing experiences as part of the Ypsilanti STEMM Middle College Curriculum
- Annual updating of Educational Development Plan specific for each student
- MEMCA Technical Certifications Offered:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Computer systems technology
- Construction technology
- Engineering design & technology
- Aviation technology
- Machine Tool Technology
- College Readiness
- Gracious Professionalism
Accepting Applications - see YCS Enrollment page
Remote Conference Support
Please note that if you do not have access to conduct a remote Parent/Guardian Conference, and need support, you can call the main office at EAST Middle School (YCMS) to speak with a secretary and/or an administrator that will connect you to your scholars teachers.Please call 734-221-2201 to speak with someone.
The numbers for YCHS (734-221-1000) and YCMS Main Line (734-221-2200) ARE NOT working at this time. No one will be there to accept your call. Please call 734-221-2201 to reach a secretary or an administrator.
Washtenaw Educational Options Consortium Meetings
WEOC meeting notices are posted at: https://www.weoc.info
Unless noted all meetings will begin at 11:00 am at the WISD unless noted below:
Location:1819 S. Wagner Road Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Friday, September 15, 2023
- Friday, September 29, 2023 at 1:30 pm (Special Meeting, EMU, 900 Oakwood Ave. Ypsilanti - EMU Student Center, Room 300)
- Friday, October 13, 2023
- Friday, November 17, 2023
- Friday, December 8, 2023
- Friday, January 12, 2024
- Friday, February 9, 2024
- Friday, March 15, 2024
- Friday, April 12, 2024
- Friday, May 10, 2024
- Friday, June 7, 2023
Click on link below for more information.
WEOC Meeting 11:00 AM to 12:00 PMWEOC MeetingDate: Dec 8Time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PMCalendar: YCS District Calendar
Unless noted all meetings will begin at 11:00 am at the WISD unless noted below:Join with Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/kbh-vahr-gvh Or dial: (US) +1 563-293-5035 PIN: 224420923# Learn more about Meet at: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9282720
Location:1819 S. Wagner Road Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Please complete this form in order to travel with the team.
Parents of Robotics Students
Please complete this form in order for your student to travel with the team.
FIRST Robotics Engineering Principles
The idea for the YCHS STEMM Middle College grew out of work with our FIRST Robotics Team 66. Using FIRST principles, engaging our students in engineering principles to design and compete in FIRST Robotic Competitions allowed us to design a highly competitive robotics program, from which our drive to build a STEMM Community arose. FIRST (For Inspiration & Recognition of Science and Technology) is the backbone of this Middle College. FIRST’s mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders and innovators, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering, and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership (www.firstinspires.org).
9th - 13th Grades
STEMM Middle College Coordinator
Dual Enrollment Coordinator
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
1/2 Day Early Dismissal
7:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Ypsilanti Community Schools now has virtual tours of all district school buildings! These tours will allow families to see what each building looks like and is a unique way of learning more about each school's educational programs!
Enjoy the virtual tour experience!
The Ypsilanti STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Manufacturing) Middle College offers a rigorous, relevant and technologically advanced learning experience for all students. Businesses, community partnerships, and STEMM-based electives are used to create and incorporate real-world experiences in the learning process. Inquiry and project-based instructional best practices are implemented to ensure every student accomplishes their goals. In order to create a meaningful educational experience, we have established a system of shared responsibility and collaboration, supported by the trust and respect of students, staff, and the community. The culminating learning experience for STEMM will be a Senior Capstone project.
Dan Brown Athletic Director
Brittany Tugman Athletic Secretary