SCHOLARSHIP - LIST 1
- Ypsilanti Community Schools Foundation 2019 Scholarship Application
- A variety of national scholarships can be found at any time on CollegeBoard, College Greenlight, Going Merry, or Scholly (free registration with code mcan424).
- Due March 1: The Rosa Parks Scholarship Foundation is offering a $2,000 scholarship to a senior with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA. Apply here.
- Due March 12: The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation scholarship application covers multiple scholarships open to high schoolers. Their largest is for $20,000 over 4 years. See if you qualify here.
- Due March 15: The Montalbo-Young Scholarship ($2,500) is available for seniors with a 2.5 cumulative GPA who are planning to attend a college/university in Michigan. They have a scholarship for seniors planning to study any major (here), and another for those specifically interested in studying music or art (here).
- Due March 15: The Alpha Phi Alpha Scholarship ($1,000) is open to students who have shown improvement in their academic, social, and life skills during high school. You can apply online here, and can pick up the printed out teacher recommendation sheet from the counseling office.
- Due March 22: The Kappa Alpha Psi Scholarship ($1,000) is offered to seniors with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA who exemplify "achievement." This scholarship requires a counselor recommendation, so check it out now here.
- Due March 22: Washtenaw Community College offers 3 major scholarships to students from our high school. All you need is 250 words on your goals, and a letter of recommendation. No GPA required, so apply here now.
- Due March 31: The Ypsilanti Rotary Club offers a variety of scholarships that can be applied for online. Please see all the options available here.
- Due April 17: Delta Kappa Gamma is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a YCHS senior girl with at least a 2.8 cumulative GPA who shows strong involvement in extracurricular activities (clubs, jobs, sports, etc.). You can see the app and the essay prompt here.
We aim to help improve a student's chances of landing a scholarship by making the search process a little easier. We do not charge for this resource, and no login information is required to access it: Business Degree Scholarships from DiscoverBusiness.us
Seniors entering into the field of education
The Beta Zeta Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa, an honorary educator’s sorority, is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship to a graduating senior who is planning to enter the field of education in the fall of 2016, an educator working in the field of education and would like to continue their education or is attending college in the educational field. This scholarship is renewable, on
Various Scholarship & Funding Opportunities:
- FinAid The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid scholarships
- Microsoft Scholarship Program
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- International Students Scholarships &Aid Help
- African American Scholarships
- Asian American & Pacific Islander Scholarship (APIASF)
- Black Students.com
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Hispanic Scholarships
- College Financial Aid Advice
- Scholarships for Latino Students
- Yes College Scholarship
- Scholarships for African American Students
- Xerox Minority Scholarships
- Black Excel Scholarship Information
- College Board Scholarship Search
- CollegeNet's Scholarship Database
- FAFSA On The Web (Your Key Aid Form & Info
- Student Loans.gov
- Aid & Resources For Re-Entry Students
- INROADS internships
- ScienceNet Scholarship Listing
- The Roothbert Scholarship Fund
- Free Education Guide
- National Assoc.of Black Journalists Scholarships (NABJ)
- Ed.gov Funding
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Scholarship America