Ford - About Us
- Provides high quality early care and education service to children three and four years of age in center-based, full-day/part-day, part-year programs.
- Children who attend a high-quality program in the year or two before kindergarten are better prepared for school academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Preschool has 3 early childhood locations in Ypsilanti: Beatty ELC, Ford ELC and Perry ELC.
- Preschool provides a comprehensive preschool experience to children, including children with special needs, to creatively challenge and develop their competency skills.
- The center-based preschool program utilizes a curriculum, which includes individualization and emphasizes the use of positive guidance.
- Preschool has an excellent School Readiness and Transition program from Preschool to Kindergarten.
- Nutritious meals, snacks, and transportation provided.
- Preschool offers State of Michigan (GSRP) and federally (Head Start) funded preschool services FREE for families who qualify. Go to Washtenaw Preschool information fill out an interest survey.
- ECSE - Early Childhood Special Education - a preschool classroom that works with students with special needs
- First Grade
- Gym, Art and Music for all Kindergarten and First Grade students
- Title 1 Reading and Math support for Kindergarten and First Grade students
- Speech, OT and Social Work services