Holmes Elementary News
This is Principal Rose with your weekly Tuesday update.
We have 3 half days and 2 full days off of school in the upcoming months of January and February.
1/21- No School for MLK
2/15- ½ day w/ 11 A.M. dismissal for teacher Records Day
2/18- No School for Presidents’ Day
2/27 & 2/28- ½ days w/ 11 A.M. dismissals for PTC (1 - 5 P.M.)
The Girls On The Run will be offered at Holmes again this year and is open to 3rd - 5th grade girls. Registration begins on January 21st and the fee is $20 for a 10-week program beginning in March and running through May. Practices will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 - 4 P.M. Look for more information to be sent home next week!
Bright Futures has 10 open slots available at this time. These slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact the office at 734-221-2101 to be put into contact with the program director. We look forward to serving your child in our Bright Futures after school program.
Permission slips for the Winter Dance being held at Holmes on Friday, January 25th from 2:30 - 4 P.M. were sent home this afternoon. All students interested in attending the dance must have a signed permission slip to enter this event. Please see the attached permission slip.
Students also brought home an informational flyer about Growing Hope as well as the YMCA’s new child development center. The information is attached.
We are continuing to collect Box Tops for Education, please send them in with your child as you collect them at home. We thank you for this support, it makes a difference!
Parents, please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- 1/16- Food tasting during lunches courtesy of Chartwells Food Service (Citrus)
- 1/18- Fun Friday
- 1/19- MUKD Holmes v YIES @ 9 - 11 A.M.
- 1/21- No School (MLK)
- 1/22- 4th grade field trip to the Riverside Arts Center Be sure your child returned their permission slip
- 1/25- Grizzly Gathering (Choices)
- 1/25- Holmes Winter Dance sponsored by the Huron Valley Girl Scouts (2:30 - 4 P.M.) Permission slips were sent home and are required to stay after school!
- 1/26- MUKD Holmes v Erickson @ 9 - 11 A.M.
- 2/1- Fun Friday
- 2/2- MUKD Holmes v Estabrook @ 11 A.M. - 1 P.M.
- 2/5-2/8 Leslie Science Center field trip in the classrooms
- 2/5 - PTAG meeting (5:30 - 6:30 P.M.)
- 2/7- Food Gatherer’s produce distribution
- 2/11- NAAPID @ Holmes Support your child and Holmes Elementary, detailed agenda coming soon.
- 2/15- Half Day w/ 11 A.M. dismissal (Records Day as teachers complete report cards and prepare for Parent-Teacher Conferences)
- 2/15- A.L.I.C.E. lockdown simulation @ 8:30 A.M.
- 2/18- No School for Presidents’ Day
- 2/21- Fire Drill in the P.M.
- 2/22- Grizzly Gathering- Encouragement
- 2/27 & 2/28 Half Days w/ 11 A.M. dismissals for PTCs (1 - 5 P.M.)
You will find the calendar for the 2018-19 school year attached. Thanks for your support of Holmes Elementary and go Grizzlies!
Principal Rose's Tuesday update on January 8, 2019
Principal Rose's Tuesday update (12/18/18)
Principal Rose's weekly Tuesday update (12/11/18)