Holmes Elementary News
This is Principal Rose with your weekly Tuesday update.
Your child brought home two important documents for you to review this evening. Your child brought home two copies of our Staff, Parent, Student Compact for the 2018-19 school year. The copy on white paper should be reviewed, signed and returned to school. The copy on colored paper is your copy for home. We appreciate your attention to the commitments embedded within this document and we thank you in advance for your efforts and the support of your child in meeting those expectations.
At our Open House on Tuesday, September 11th, we provided all parents with a copy of our Holmes' Parent Handbook. We are excited to have this resource available to our parents this year. It is our hope that you find this handbook to be valuable and supportive of our partnership, working together to improve your child’s learning and overall experience at Holmes Elementary. The Parent handbook is available on our school website and is also linked and attached.
Our attendance last Friday and this Monday fell below 90%. Today’s attendance was 93%. Attendance is important every day, thank you for your support.
Parents, please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- 9/20- Fire Drill at Holmes
- 9/21- Fun Friday to reward positive choices (1 - 2 P.M., 120 class dojo points to participate)
- 9/25- Half day, 11 A.M. dismissal (Professional Development)
- 10/2- Parent Teacher Advisory Group meeting (5:30 - 6:30 P.M.) Come join us as we plan as a parent group to support teaching and learning at Holmes
- 10/3- State Count Day (attendance is especially important on this day as the we receive funding based on the number of students enrolled and present in our building
- 10/5- Fun Friday (120 class dojo points to participate)
- 10/9- Fire Drill at Holmes
- 10/11- School picture day, order forms will be sent home soon
- 10/12- Lockdown Drill at Holmes
- 10/12- Half day, 11 A.M. dismissal (end of the trimester/Records Day)
- 10/13-10/28- No School (Fall break) school resumes 10/29
- 10/31- Half day, 11 A.M. dismissal (professional development)
Attached, you will find the calendar for the 2018-19 school year. Thanks for your support of Holmes Elementary and go Grizzlies!
On Tuesday, September 11th, Holmes Elementary held their annual Open House for families to meet the principal, the staff, and learn more about extracurricular activities for their child(ren). During this time, Mr. Rose shared information about our Parent and Student Handbook and the School/Parent/Student Compact. The compact is to be signed and returned to the school. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (734) 221-2101. The documents are attached.
Thanks for your support of Holmes Elementary and go Grizzlies!
Principal Rose's Tuesday update
Principal Rose's Tuesday update.