THE IB MIDDLE YEARS PROGRAMME*
The MYP is designed for students aged 11 to 16. It provides a framework of learning that encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers. The MYP emphasizes intellectual challenge, encouraging students to make connections between their studies in traditional subjects and the real world. It fosters the development of skills for communication, intercultural understanding and global engagement - essential qualities for young people who are becoming global leaders.
The MYP is flexible enough to accommodate most national or local curriculum requirements. It builds upon the knowledge, skills and attitudes developed in the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and prepares students to meet the academic challenges of the IB Diploma Programme (DP) and the IB Career-related Certificate (IBCC).
- addresses holistically students' intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being
- provides students opportunities to develop the knowledge, attitudes, and skills they need in order to manage complexity and take responsible action for the future
- ensures breadth and depth of understanding through study in eight subject groups
- requires the study of at least two languages (language of instruction and additional language of choice) to support students in understanding their own cultures and those of others
- empowers students to participate in service within the community
- helps to prepare students for further education, the workplace
*information in the above section is directly from Middle Years Programmer website.
WIMA is positioned to become a candidate school in the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). The International Baccalaureate curriculum serves as the cornerstone for WIMA’s demanding academic program.
Courses meet every-other-day. Some elective courses meet more infrequently. This format provides an opportunity for student-centered differentiated instruction to meet the needs of a diverse population. All classes are approximately 90 minutes in length. The length of class allows for more interaction and activity-based instruction.
Link to Daily Bell Schedule.