Athletic Calendar, News & Programs
All scheduled Athletic events
Ypsilanti Grizzlies Girls Basketball team
The Grizzlies rebounded nicely last season going 13-9 after a disappointing 3-17 campaign the year prior. Long-time coach Dwayne Scott will look to take the team to even greater heights this season.
Breyana Lowery and the Ypsilanti Grizzlies Girls Basketball team were highlighted in a MLive article about the top teams in the Ann Arbor-area for high school basketball.
Winter Sports Tryouts and Start-Up Dates
To all parents of student-athletes and student athletes that attend Y.C.H.S or any of its affiliated schools, that want to play sports for the Ypsilanti Community Grizzlies in 2019-20, you must get an athletic physical before you participate. Physicals can be done by your family doctor or be done FREE OF CHARGE for all students in the RAHS clinic located in Ypsilanti Community High School. If you don’t have a physical, make an appointment today.
RAHS Clinic Phone # 734 – 221 -1007 – If no one answers leave a message and your call will be returned within 24 hours
RAHS Clinic Hours
Monday, Wednesday,, Thursday 8:00 AM -4:00 PM
Tuesday and Friday – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Winter Sports Tryouts
- Girls Basketball Tryouts – Monday 11/11/19 and Tuesday 11/12/19 in the YCHS Gym
- Winter Cheer Team Tryouts – Friday November 15th 3:45 – 6:00 Pm in the YCHS Upper Gym
- Varsity Boys Basketball Tryouts- Monday 11/18/19 – 3:30 PM- 5:30 PM in the YCHS Gym
- Freshmen and JV Boys Basketball Tryouts – Tuesday 11/19/19 and Wednesday 11/20/19 – 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM in the YCHS Gym
- Wrestling Start Up No Tryout – Monday 11/18/19- 3:30 -5:30 – YCHS Wrestling Room
- Swim and Dive Start up– No Tryout Monday November 11/25/19 – 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM – YCHS Pool
Varsity Girls Basketball tips off this week as the Lady Grizzlies as they face Robichaud on Tuesday, come and support the Grizzlies as they start the season at home.
Weekly Schedule 12/02/19 – 12/07/19
- Middle School Basketball @ Lincoln Middle School -7th Grade 4:15 PM/8th Grade 5:30 PM - Bus departs YCMS at 2:15 to WIMA then to Dexter Mill Creek MS. - Away
Tuesday - 12/03/19
- Girls Basketball vs. Robichaud JV 5:30 PM/Varsity 7:00 PM - Home
- Middle School Boys Basketball vs. Adrian Middle School – 7th Grade 4:15 PM/8TH Grade 5:30 PM - Home
To all parents of student-athletes and student-athletes in High School and Middle School that want to play sports for the Ypsilanti Community Grizzlies in 2019-20, you must get an athletic physical before you participate. Physicals can be done FREE OF CHARGE for all students in the RAHS clinic located in Ypsilanti Community High School and Middle School. If you don't have a physical, make an appointment today.
Congratulations to Coach Brooks - BCAM Hall Of Fame Inductee
Congratulations to Coach Brooks on his award and accomplishments as the YCHS Varsity Boys Basketball Head Coach! #300wins #morethanacoach #YCSDynamic
YCHS Band Performance
Sport-Specific MHSAA Transfer Rule
Sport-Specific MHSAA Transfer Rule, enacted in 2018-19, takes effect this school year
EAST LANSING – The Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) made changes to the high school sports transfer rule last year and those changes, now sport-specific, take effect in the fall. A summary of the rules is below, with a link to the full rules, which are too lengthy for publication.
Sport-Specific Transfer Regulation:
Unless a high school student meets one of the 15 stated exceptions – most exceptions involve a defined residential change – a student will not be eligible for the next season in a sport he or she participated in at his or her former high school (any level) during the most recent previous school year. A student would be eligible in sports he or she did not participate in during the previous or current school year. Ineligibility is for the next school year in the sport played previously. A student who transfers during a season will not be eligible that season in a sport played that season, and ineligible in that sport the next season.
“Participation” means to have actually entered and competed in an interscholastic scrimmage or contest. To “participate” means to actually enter and play (or run, or swim, etc.) in an interscholastic scrimmage or contest.