Athletic Calendar, News & Programs
All scheduled Athletic events
Go Behind the Scenes at Ann Arbor area Football Media Day 2
MLive hosted its second Ann Arbor football media day on Wednesday, and things got weird.
But in a good way.
Players and coaches from Ypsilanti, Lincoln and Whitmore Lake visited MLive’s Ann Arbor office, and we asked them some off-the-wall questions such as, “Would you rather have spaghetti for hair or sweat maple syrup?”
Ypsilanti football motivated after heartbreaking loss to end 2018 season
Ypsilanti was in a great position to finish the regular season with a winning record for the second time in program history.
Weekly Schedule 09/09/19 – 09/07/19
- Boys Tennis vs. Robichaud – 4:30 PM - Home
Tuesday - 09/10/19
- Boys Soccer vs. Lincoln Varsity only 5:00 PM – Home
- Volleyball vs Dexter JV 5:30/Varsity 7:00 PM – Home
- Cross Country @ Hudson Mills Metro Park – 4:30 PM - Bus departs at 3:00 PM - Away
- Girls Golf @ Ann Arbor Lake point Golf Club vs. Dexter, Skyline and Huron - Away
Thursday - 09/12/19
- JV Football vs. Bedford 6:00 PM - Home
- Boys Tennis vs. Adrian 4:30 PM – Home
- Boys Soccer vs. Tecumseh 5:00 PM - Home
- Volleyball @ River Rouge JV 5:30 PM/Varsity 7:00 PM – Bus departs at 4:00 PM - Away
- Girls Swimming @ Tecumseh 6:00 PM – Bus departs at 4:00 PM – Away
Friday - 00/13/19
- Varsity Football @ Bedford 7:00 PM – Bus Departs at 5:15 PM
Sport-Specific MHSAA Transfer Rule
Sport-Specific MHSAA Transfer Rule, enacted in 2018-19, takes effect this school year
EAST LANSING – The Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) made changes to the high school sports transfer rule last year and those changes, now sport-specific, take effect in the fall. A summary of the rules is below, with a link to the full rules, which are too lengthy for publication.
Sport-Specific Transfer Regulation:
Unless a high school student meets one of the 15 stated exceptions – most exceptions involve a defined residential change – a student will not be eligible for the next season in a sport he or she participated in at his or her former high school (any level) during the most recent previous school year. A student would be eligible in sports he or she did not participate in during the previous or current school year. Ineligibility is for the next school year in the sport played previously. A student who transfers during a season will not be eligible that season in a sport played that season, and ineligible in that sport the next season.
“Participation” means to have actually entered and competed in an interscholastic scrimmage or contest. To “participate” means to actually enter and play (or run, or swim, etc.) in an interscholastic scrimmage or contest.
YCS Football Coming This Fall – Mark Your Calendars
08/30/19 – Home opener vs. Jackson – Community Night
09/06/19 – Hall of Fame Game vs Dexter
10/11/19 – Homecoming vs. Lincoln
10/25/19 – Senior Night vs. Pioneer – Football/Cheer/ Band seniors recognized
Friday, October 11, 2019
FREE FOOD - MUSIC - FUN
Alcohol, Smoking and Dogs Not Allowed
Absolutely no selling of Braves/Flyers Merchandise