Superintendent's Recognition Award
Awards 2017 - 2018
Ypsilanti Community Schools will be the first, high performing urban school district in the United States based on student achievement, teacher expectation, parental involvement, and community/business engagement, which is my own professional mission.
The recipients of the September and October Superintendent's Recognition Award follows:
- Mr. Daryhl Covington (community/business engagement), Covington Insurance Agency
- Ms. Shoshana DeMaria (community/business engagement), NAACP, Willow Run-Ypsilanti Chapter, President
- Ms. Debbie Swanson (teacher expectations), 5th Grade Teacher, Holmes Elementary School
- Ms. Tasha Porht (parent involvement), Parent Volunteer, Ypsilanti International Elementary School
- Ms. Amy Downer (student achievement), Title 1 Teacher, Perry Early Learning Center
- Ms. Danielle Edwards (teacher expectations), Mathematics Teacher, YCHS, STEMM SLC
- Ms. Cynthia Fassbender (teacher expectations), English Teacher, YCHS, AC Tech
- Ms. Jessica Dodson (student achievement), English Teacher, YCMS
Congratulations to all our students who are the recipients of the great service of our businesses, civic organizations, teachers, and teacher-leaders. Be certain to congratulate our September and October best for their recognized service.
Photos of awards presentation: