What is Google Apps?
Google Apps is a suite of Google applications that brings together essential services to help your business. This is a hosted service that lets businesses, schools, and institutions use a variety of Google products -- including Email, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and Google Talk -- on a unique domain (e.g., www.yourcompany.com).
For instance, if you own the domain example.com and you sign up for Google Apps services, everyone at your organization will get:
- A custom email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tools for word processing
- Spreadsheets and presentations
- Shared calendaring system
- Tools for creating web pages and sites for your business
- Access to a flexible intranet system
- And much, much more!
Great resources for Google AppsUsing Google Apps at work or school
Google ChangeGoogle has removed the "black bar" menu from the top of the screen and replaced it with an Apps Grid in the upper right-hand corner of your screen (see the image below.)