Parent Teachers Organization (PTO)
Our goals include volunteerism of parents, encouragement of teachers and students, community involvement, and welfare of students and families.
Top 10 reasons to...
10. More needs, fewer resources, but plenty of parents!
9. It’s a great way to meet other families with children the same age as your own!
8. You will become a greater part of your children’s learning experiences!
7. To help raise money for a great cause - your children’s education!
6. Get to know the Teachers at YCMS and to understand their needs and ideas!
5. PTO members get the inside track on new developments!
4. PTO involvement improves classroom behavior!
3. Students benefit academically from parent involvement in PTO!
2. You can create, plan and execute fun events for the whole family!
And finally, the number one reason to join us….
Please contact PTO coordinator Sonya Gawthrop at 734-796-0857 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Principal Seth Petty at 734-221-2202 for more info.
Our meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month, subject to change due to weather or school closures, half days, school Holidays, and breaks.The meeting is held at YCMS from 5:30 to 6:30. If you know of other parents or family members that may be interested, please invite them to come. We need more members to help make this a great school year for our children, teachers and families.
YCS Talent show will be held In FEB 2018. If you would like to help please contact Mr. RJ from Bright Futures. He would love your help!!!
Fundraiser ideas needed. Please bring to the next meeting.
Meal boxes for the upcoming holidays
--The boxes will be designated by Social workers here at YCMS as to priority needs
--Help with turkey donations for the meal boxes
--Monetary donations from local investors or families who can afford to donate to help supplement what we don't get in donations