"The WIMS application window will open on Thursday, December 1st and close on Sunday, April 2nd. All applications received after Sunday, April 2nd will be added to the end of the waitlist for that grade level. Applications that are still marked as incomplete after the April 2nd deadline will be removed from the application list and added to the end of the waitlist for that grade level, once completed."
"We want to ensure that all students and parents who would like to apply are able to do so. Families who can not access or submit the online application can either:
- Attend the Information and Application Assistance Night on Tuesday, December 13th from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. Computers and a scanner will be available at the event, so please make sure to bring your student's most recent progress report or grade card and completed discipline form with you.
- Submit a paper copy of the application, the student's most recent progress report or grade card and the completed discipline form to the WIMA/WIHIfront office. Paper applications are available in the WIMA/WIHI front office. Applications will be added to the application list once the completed application and all supporting documents are received."
- January 2017
Tuesday, January 17th: Student Shadowing Starts. Please visit our website for more information. WIMA website
- March 2017
Thursday, March 30th: Last Day For Student Shadowing
- April 2017
Sunday, April 2nd (11:59 pm): Application Closes
Tuesday, April 11th (4:30 - 5:30 pm): Placement Test and Mandatory Parent Orientation
Monday, April 24th: Accepted, Waitlist and Summer School letters mailed and emailed
- May 2017
Thursday, May 4th (6:00 - 8:00 pm): Student Registration
- August 2017
New student orientation (to be determined)
First Day of School (to be determined)
Admissions Process Step by Step:
Step 1. Complete the online application on our WIMA website:
- Items needed to complete application:
- Scanned copy of most recent progress report or report card
- Scanned copy of the WIMA Student Discipline Report. Forms need to be completed by both the student and the student’s current school. WIMA’s discipline form can be found on the WIMA website
Step 2. Student’s need to take the WIMA Placement Test on Tuesday, April 11th from 4:30 - 5:30 pm. A parent or guardian must also attend the Mandatory Parent Orientation that will occur at the same time.
Step 3. Accepted, waitlist and summer school letters are mailed and emailed home on Monday, April 24th.
Step 4. Attend the Student Registration Night on Thursday, May 4th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm to complete the registration process.
- For Current Ypsilanti Community School Students
- Updating student information on Registration Gateway.
- Providing any missing documentation and/or forms.
- For Ypsilanti Residents or School of Choice Students
- Create a Registration Gateway account -.Registration Gateway website.
- Documents that will be needed:
- Parent/Guardian ID or passport
- Original birth certificate with seal or passport
- Student immunization records or waivers
- Proof of residency:
- Tax statement, mortgage statement or lease agreement
- One bill (utility bill preferred)
- School of Choice form, if needed.
Step 5. Attend new student orientation in August.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What type of school is WIMA?
We are a public, non-tuition International Baccalaureate(IB) candidate school offering a whole child emphasis, exceptional academic standards, mission-centered curriculum and 21st-century skill-based assessments. All WIMA courses are designed to meet the Middle Years Programme(MYP) international standards. For more information on the MYP go to Middle Years Programme
- Can 7th and 8th-grade students apply to WIMA?
Yes, but spaces are limited and based on returning enrollment.
- What if we do not have access to a computer or the internet, in order to complete the application?Computers will be available at the Information Night for families to use to fill out their student’s application. Please make sure to have all of the required application documents with you; you will not be able to complete the application without them.
- When is your school in session?
Our students are in school starting the third week in August through the second week in June. WIMA starts at 7:25 am and ends at 2:35 pm.
- Does WIMA offer sports?
WIMA students are able to play sports through the Ypsilanti Community School district. Please visit http://ypsigrizzlies.com/, for more information.
- Does WIMA offer any extra curricular activities?
WIMA currently offers a variety of after-school clubs, including Model UN, Science Olympiad, Forensics, Glee Club and Bright Futures.
- What languages does WIMA offer?
Currently Spanish is the only language offered at WIMA.
We are happy to help support you and your student for a successful application process and introduction to our school.
Thank you for your interest in WIMA!