Scholarships Available for YSMC Students:
BUICK ACHIEVERS Scholarship Program - Application Information
We're looking for students who are making a difference today and becoming leaders fortomorrow -- you may qualify for scholarships up to $25,000 a year. Don't miss this opportunity; apply now. The deadline for applications is Feb. 29, so don't wait!
ANN Arbor Area Community Foundation - AAACF Community Scholarship Fund
The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation's Community Scholarship Fund provides need-based scholarship awards to increase post-secondary degree attainment for Washtenaw County students with a specific focus on students who are economically disadvantaged, youth of color, and/or the first generation in their family to attend college
Over $25 Million in Scholarships available to FIRST Robotics Team Members - You must be a member of a FIRST Robotics Team (YCM STEMM Academy currently runs two teams out of the STEMM Academy - click here for more information about becoming at YCS FIRST Robotics Program Team Member)
Credit union offers scholarships for local students
Scholarships of up to $5,000 each will be awarded to those who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities, and dedication to community service. Applications are being accepted online at CommunityChoiceFoundation.com through Feb. 15.
Hispanic Student Scholoarship Opportunities
Colleges are always looking to diversify their campuses and to make their schools more accessible to students of all ethnicities, economic backgrounds and religious beliefs. For this reason, many scholarships are restricted to minority students, including Hispanic students. This link has information about a few of these scholoarship opportunities.
Latino Student Scholarships
Latino Scholarships are abundant and commonly known as Hispanic Scholarships. A great number of companies, organizations and schools offer scholarships, particularly for minority and female students. Cultural background is also rewarded, so keep in mind your cultural background when it comes to searching for scholarships. If you have Hispanic/Latin ancestry in your background, you will qualify for scholarships that are unavailable to other ethnic/racial groups. This link has information about a few of these scholoarship opportunities.
Student Scholarships and Awards Won by STEMM Students:
- Diana Bernal-Canseco has been awarded The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship
- Diana Bernal-Canseco is the STEMM Academy Daughters of the American Revolution Award Winner
- Diana Bernal-Canseco has been awarded the Yankee Air Museum STEM Excellence Award/Scholarship
- Latif Bouda has been accepted into Bowling Green State University
- Latif Bouda has been awarded $3,768 BGSU Success Scholarship and $3,500 BGSU Freshman Academic Scholarship
- Sierra Jefferson has been accepted into Eastern Michigan University
- Sierra Jefferson has been awarded $16,000 EMU Emerald Scholarship
- Jazzlyn Robinson has accepted to Saginaw Valley State University, Eastern Michigan University and Wayne Sate University
- Jazzlyn Robinson has been awarded $16,000 EMU Emerald Scholarship
- Amir Osborn has been accepted into Jackson College
- Jasmine Lee has been accepted into Lansing Community College
- Wallace Hall has been given a 5 year full ride to Grand Valley State University. Major business management, minor communications. Wallace was a part of Robotics Team 66. Wallace signed with GVSU on Signing-Day
- Vincent Artlip has been accepted to Oakland University